Effective Date: June 10, 2023
Policy Overview: This policy outlines the website hosting provider’s compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA grants certain rights and protections to California residents concerning their personal information. This policy explains how the hosting provider collects, uses, shares, and protects personal information in accordance with the CCPA.
- Scope: This policy applies to all personal information collected, processed, or stored by the website hosting provider in connection with providing hosting services to California residents.
- Definitions: a) Personal Information: Refers to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. b) Service Provider: Refers to any entity that processes personal information on behalf of the hosting provider.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information: a) The hosting provider collects personal information from California residents solely for the purpose of providing hosting services. b) Personal information collected may include names, email addresses, IP addresses, and other information necessary for website hosting. c) The hosting provider does not sell personal information of California residents.
- Rights of California Residents: a) Right to Know: California residents have the right to know what personal information is collected, the sources of the information, the purposes of collection, and the categories of third parties with whom the information is shared. b) Right to Delete: California residents have the right to request the deletion of their personal information collected by the hosting provider. c) Right to Opt-Out: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. d) Right to Non-Discrimination: California residents have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
- Disclosure of Personal Information: a) The hosting provider may share personal information with service providers to facilitate hosting services, provided they are contractually bound to use the information only for the specified purposes. b) The hosting provider may disclose personal information in response to a valid legal request, such as a court order or subpoena, or to protect its rights or the rights of others.
- Security Measures: a) The hosting provider implements reasonable security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. b) These security measures include physical, technical, and administrative safeguards, regular monitoring, and data encryption where appropriate.
- Updates to the Policy: The hosting provider reserves the right to update this policy as necessary to ensure compliance with the CCPA and other applicable privacy laws. Any changes to the policy will be effective upon posting on the hosting provider’s website.
- Contact Information: For any questions, concerns, or requests related to this policy or the CCPA, California residents can contact the hosting provider’s designated privacy contact at [insert contact information].
By using the hosting services provided by the hosting provider, California residents acknowledge that they have read, understood, and agreed to the terms and conditions outlined in this policy.